Tuesday, April 26, 2011

At The Library

I was beginning to lose faith. As I received text message after text message informing me that weave had been spotted around the Baltimore area, I had become despondent. Why were all of these lucky souls finding the weave, but they were without a camera and I was left with nothing? Complaints that this blog was a flop began to pile; my confidence began to dwindle. Just as I was beginning to lose sight of the original idea of this project, I was reminded that hope springs eternal.

Yes, dear readers: weave was spotted in the library of Goucher College. For those who do not know, Goucher is a small liberal arts school in the vibrant suburb of Towson, Maryland. Founded in 1885, it is home to approximately 1,477 students, with a gender ratio of 70% female to 30% male. The library, which was relocated to the recently completed Athenaeum last year, is full of harsh lighting and glass from wall to wall. To say this building is the height of chic architecture and sustainable engineering...well, that would be giving into the charade. Both the greater Ath. and the library look new and impressive, but only one is true. Despite this lackluster review, discarded weave is an unexpected visitor here. Despite any shortcomings, this building is supposed to look like a student prison in the future that may be featured in a Sci-Fi channel original movie-- and I am hesistant to say whether tumbling weave was intended to decorate the muted rugs.

Enjoy this brief posting. With eyes fixed firmly on the ground in search of weave, enjoy the sun.

Remember: if you spot weave, please take a picture and send it my way.


Special thanks to Jenna Gross for sharing this picture.
Thank you to Green Day for "At the Library"

No comments:

Post a Comment